When I started out in Life Coaching, a lot of the work I did with clients was wellness and spiritually based. People were calling me at the height of the financial crisis overwhelmed, stressed out and fining it difficult to cope. But as my own energies shifted, the economic climate change, so did the clients I was attracting. As we all started to feel more energized and optimistic, ready to begin new jobs, new ventures and to take on life again, then the coaching I did shifted to Career Coaching and Small Business Coaching.
Still, much of the work I do with private clients is what I call “practical and tactical” – focused on strategic planning and getting results. Interestingly enough last week during a session with a client, the issue that was on the forefront was the discovery before the planning. With a new phase of life beginning, it was time to unearth some passions, reawaken some dreams, and create a new vision for the future. Then we plan and move.
I emailed her some questions to ponder before our next session. The instructions were simple: “Answer them all. Answer just one. It’s up to you.”
If you’re at a turning point in your own life, business or career, or maybe ready to set the stage for a new year, take a few minutes, and answer these questions for yourself.
Simple yet powerful, they can revel what your heart desires, where it’s time to dig in, and time to move on.
Personal. Life. Spirit.
1. What makes your heart sing, and brings you joy?
2. What would you love to experience?
3. What is it time to celebrate?
4. How do you want to remember this decade?
5. What would you like to have more of in your life?
6. What would you like to have less of?
7. What are you longing for?
8. What are you dying to let go of completely?
9. What talents are you not currently using?
10. What emotion are you stuffing down that you are wishing to express?
11. What would feel miraculous in your life?
12. What needs to change?
Business. Career. Direction.
1. What are you longing for?
2. What are you dying to let go of completely?
3. What would give you some relief?
4. What talents are you not currently using?
5. What milestone would you love to experience?
6. What do you need to celebrate?
7. What do you want to do more of in your biz/career?
8. What do you want to do less of?
9. What would set that in action?
10. How do you want to remember this decade?
11. What would feel like a miraculous shift?
12. What needs to change?
As always, I’d love to for you to share any thoughts or awarenesses in the comments below.
Have a wonderful week! Much Love,