Sometimes we just need a quick fix! Maybe it’s a sharp reminder or a gentle nudge. These are some of my favs… bits of wisdom picked up over the years, shared with clients and continually reapplied in my own life. I keep this list for myself and read through it from time to time so I thought I’d share it with you.
Take what you need, skip past what you don’t, and maybe leave a reflection, a question or a bit of your own wisdom in the comments section below.
1. Stop creating drama around it.
2. Start from where you are – you’l learn and grow
3. Be patient – it’s a process not an event
4. Keep a Positive Attitude – “if you’re going to show up, SHOW!” (as in showbiz baby!)
5. Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people as much as you possibly can
6. Speak from the heart; what you know is valuable.
7. Set and write down goals – it important!
8. Take care of your body – your body always gets the final say
9. Listen to your intuition and trust your gut. The biggest mistakes I ever made in life have been the times I ignored my intuition.
10. Stop tolerating. Fix it or move on – it’ll drain your energy.
11. Go for completion not perfection – you can correct and improve along the way.
12. Assess. Correct Move Forward. We all make mistakes and need to reevaluate sometimes. Assess. Correct Move Forward.
13. One step at a time – implement ONE new thing at a time.
14. Be Brave, Be Bold – what’s the worse case scenario? What will you regret not doing?
15. Look for Support. Trying to do it alone is so much harder and no fun! We all need people to lean on personally and professionally.
16. Stop trying to learn from your mistakes – you only really know for sure what NOT to do. Seek advice readily.
17. Rip out the rear view mirror! Focus on what’s ahead of you not what’s behind you.
18. Get really good at decision making – this is super important “procrastination is delayed decision making” – this wears you out. If you’re slow at it practice getting better and faster.
19. Reframe the hardships and the failures – Vince Lombardi once said “We didn’t loose the game, we just ran out of time.”
20. Don’t quit your day job. Seriously. I see people get frustrated and do this all the time. Think about the finances and make a rational, calculated decision.
21. Respect money. It touches every area of your life.
22. Detox your Inbox. Email is a HUGE time waster.
23. Create a working environment that supports You. We all work differently.
24. Get help – mentor or coach, even a a book, but STILL trust your gut.
25. Finish what you’ve started and clean up loose ends.
26. Get really good at focusing on what’s moving you forward, not just keeping you busy.
27. Stop complaining. Focus on what you DO WANT and find a path there.
28. Try to help people along the way. We all love good karma 🙂
29. Have firm boundaries. “Be of service”… not a servant.
30. Have a supportive, healthy routine. What is at least ONE THING that you can do on a daily or weekly basis that makes you feel great? Dance, yoga, hiking, movies, massage etc.
31. Do what makes you feel empowered and inspired – this is always the right way for you.
32. Not everyone is going to like or agree with you… just let it go.
33. Charge for your expertise. Knowledge is valuable and thinking is work. Ask any doctor or lawyer 😉
34. Move on. Life can be really hard sometimes… I get it. I’m sorry. I wish I could change that. Move through those times with as much grace and ease as you can but don’t hold onto them.
35. Ask yourself daily, “Will this bring joy, ease, health or happiness into my life?”
36. Have fun along the way!!
As always, I’m here if you need some one on one guidance or support.