This week I’m sharing a guest post from one of my wonderful clients. Suzy Gruzen who is a Vibrational Healing Therapist. Here she offers some natural ways to ease the stress of the season. (numbers 2, 5 & 6 are my personal favs!)
Wishing you and your families a magical, joyful holiday season!
You’re running around endlessly trying to get it all done. You’re mind is going in a thousand directions. How will I make Christmas dinner when I have a deadline on that project at work? You worry that you are spending money for gifts that you don’t have. Your mother is driving you crazy. You’re navigating the crowds at the mall. The kids are fighting. And so on, and so on, and so on. Hello stress!
Where is “ME” time?
Okay, breathe in, four, five, six
Breathe out, four, fix six. . .
Now isn’t that better?
Finding just ½ hour in a day of busy schedules may be difficult, but so necessary. Taking time for yourself to gather your thoughts, unwind and to be able to face the challenges of the holiday season, not only will make you feel better, but you will be able to move through the holidays with more ease and mindfulness to make better decisions.
Here are a few small tips that can help you that can be done in 20 minutes or less:
1. Remember to take long deep breathes. Breathing helps to ground and center us. It forces us to slow down for the moment
2. Exercise will relieve the frantic, nervous energy that we feel when we are trying to do too much.
– A walk;
– Yoga poses
3. Affirm to yourself:
* I am loved even if I don’t get it all done (or if I’m not perfect)
* I am grateful for those that I love
* I release all stress and expectations that others may have of me (or that I have for myself)
4. Meditate –to open the subconscious mind and relax
5. Carry an amethyst crystal – amethyst promotes peacefulness, happiness and contentment; placed under a pillow it assists with insomnia
6. Aromatherapy—inhale lavender or chamomile oil for relaxation or place several drops into a bath.
If you have more time then booking a massage or energy healing session, such as Reiki, Crystal Therapy or Pranic Healing, will make you feel as if you’ve taken a mini-vacation.
Most of all be grateful for the blessings in your life, let go and surrender the stress to a higher power.